Key Stage 2 Physical Activity
The following movement activities and active blast ideas will support children to get up and moving in fun and engaging ways, increasing the amount of time they are physically active. Some resources are fitness-based, designed to support children’s health and fitness. Other activities include opportunities to embed physical movement into children’s learning.
- Dice Workout
- Sports Bingo
- Sports Bingo 2
- Imoves – Over 250 home learning active lessons with more to come! Go to their website login (or sign up here) any lesson with an ‘H’ has a home learning link which can be copied and pasted into any document, email, class dojo and more to send out to parents to use. You’ll find PE related activities that can be adapted, active blasts, active maths, active literacy and mental well-being lessons included now; with science, dance and Pilates coming on stream fast!
- Change4Life Disney Games – These 10-minute bursts of fun will really get your kids moving and count towards the 60 active minutes they need every day!
- Basketball Activity Challenge 1 – An activity designed to improve basketball skills
- Basketball Activity Challenge 2 – An activity designed to improve basketball skills
- Fitness Activity Challenge 1 – An activity designed to develop fitness
- Fitness Activity Challenge 2 – An activity designed to develop fitness
- Walking to school initiative
- Premier Education Stay Active Resources
- Skipping School Ltd – Tutorial videos available from the Gateshead SSP YouTube channel
- Andy’s Wild Workouts – Andy travels the world to amazing places and learns to move like the animals he meets on his wild adventure.
- Outdoor Classroom Day – Whether you’re looking for outdoor lesson ideas for school, play ideas to do at home, or guidance on making outdoor learning and play part of every day, you’ll find it here.
- Ball Skills – General hints and tips and activity ideas to help develop ball skills.
- GoNoodle – Engages and inspires millions of kids every month to channel their boundless energy–getting them up, moving and becoming more mindful.
- Playworks – Explore hundreds of games by group size, available space and equipment, appropriate ages, and developmental skills.
- Movement Made for Now – OPEN has created a series of activities that can be done with no manipulative equipment to
avoid the spread of germs.
- FirstCry Parenting – 30 Indoor and Outdoor Physical Activities for Kids
- Our Healthy Year: KS2 calendar – This colourful and engaging interactive calendar features exciting activities to help you inspire your class to eat well and move more.
Upper KS2 – Durham & Chester-le-Street School Sport Partnership Activity Timetable
Lower KS2 – Durham & Chester-le-Street School Sport Partnership Activity Timetable