Key Stage 1 Physical Activity
The following movement activities and active blast ideas will support children to get up and moving in a fun and engaging way, increasing the amount of time they are physically active. Many of the resources include physical movements that can benefit a child’s learning power.
- Our Healthy Year: KS1 Calendar – This colourful and engaging interactive calendar features exciting activities to help you inspire your children to eat well and move more.
- Jumping Obstacle Course
- Balance Dice
- Nellie’s Number Machine – A variety of Active Maths Challenges (Somerset SSP)
- Dice Workout – An active dance workout using a dice to decide the routine (KidzRFit)
- PE Home Activities Ideas – Over 40 activities for around the house (Windsor SSP)
- Isolation Games – A carousel of home virtual and creative challenges (NW Leicester SSP)
- Physical Activity Recording Sheet – An interactive resource to help with keeping active (Lincolnshire SSP)
- Frozen – Physical activity and workouts to do while watching a movie (West Kent SSP)
- Aladdin – Physical activity and workouts to do while watching a movie (West Kent SSP)
- Monsters University – Physical activity and workouts to do while watching a movie (West Kent SSP)
- Trolls – Physical activity and workouts to do while watching a movie (West Kent SSP)
- Lion King – Physical activity and workouts to do while watching a movie (West Kent SSP)
- Tangled – Physical activity and workouts to do while watching a movie (West Kent SSP)
- Sedgefield SSP Bingo Board 1 – 25 ideas, creative, physical and research (Sedgefield SSP)
- Sedgefield SSP Bingo Board 2 – 25 ideas, active maths/literacy, art, skills, school games (Sedgefield SSP)
- Imoves – Over 250 home learning active lessons with more to come! Go to their website login (or sign up here) any lesson with an ‘H’ has a home learning link which can be copied and pasted into any document, email, class dojo and more to send out to parents to use. You’ll find PE related activities that can be adapted, active blasts, active maths, active literacy and mental well-being lessons included now; with science, dance and Pilates coming on stream fast!
- Change4Life Disney Games – These 10-minute bursts of fun will really get your kids moving and count towards the 60 active minutes they need every day!
- Athletics Activity Challenge 1 – Agility Challenge
- Athletics Activity Challenge 2 – Jumping Challenge
- Athletics Activity Challenge 3 – Throwing Challenge
- Bike Activity 1 – An activity to develop children’s awareness when they are riding their bike
- Bike Activity 2 – An activity to develop balance whilst cycling
- Bike Activity 3 – A partner activity to improve control
- Family Dance Challenge – A family fun activity
- Rock, Paper Scissors Family Challenge – Rock, Paper, Scissors game involving movement
- Walking to School Initiatives
- Premier Education Stay Active Resources
- KS1 Durham & Chester-le-Street School Sport Partnership Activity Timetables
- Andy’s Wild Workouts – Andy travels the world to amazing places and learns to move like the animals he meets on his wild adventure.
- Outdoor Classroom Day – Whether you’re looking for outdoor lesson ideas for school, play ideas to do at home, or guidance on making outdoor learning and play part of every day, you’ll find it here!
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – Interactive adventures which build strength, balance and confidence – and get kids into yoga and mindfulness early!
- Ball Skills – General hints and tips and activity ideas to help develop ball skills
- Go Noodle – engages and inspires millions of kids every month to channel their boundless energy–getting them up, moving and becoming more mindful.
- Playworks – Explore hundreds of games by group size, available space and equipment, appropriate ages, and developmental skills.
- Movement Made for Now – OPEN has created a series of activities that can be done with no manipulative equipment to
avoid the spread of germs.
- Skip into Spring 2021!
Below are a range of resources from Skipping School’s ‘Skip into Spring’ 2021 festival! Please complete this sign-up form prior to engagement with the Skip into Spring resources.
- Teacher’s support message
- Children’s message
- Skipping tips
- Big rope bouncing
- Click and jump
- Double bounce
- Big rope hopping
- Hop and swap
- Festival FridayOverview and resources support
Super skippers fundamentals
Super skippers progression
Festival Friday overview
Project safety advice