Hamsterley Forest is a key recreational site within North England Forest District and is the largest forest in County Durham, attracting over 200,000 visits per annum. Hamsterley is a key rural tourism destination within the Durham Dales and is among the top ten tourism destinations in the County.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To coordinate and deliver a wide range of physical and wellbeing activities at Hamsterley Forest Centre.
Key Work Areas
1. Taking the lead from the Active Forests (AF) delivery strategy and the site delivery plan, develop & deliver:
• A programme of customer focused physical activity experiences.
• Site marketing & communication activity.
• Site monitoring and evaluation programme.
2. Tap into local experience & knowledge base by working with existing site teams.
3. Ensure AFC post is fully integrated into the local site team by incorporation into the duty system offering frontline visitor support and reactive response to incidents as required.
4. Develop a range of internal and external partnerships including with health organisations to develop programme and provide physical activities.
5. Where appropriate, develop and directly deliver sports activities.
6. In line with national & local guidance develop, introduce and coordinate a team of Active Forests volunteers to support AF delivery.
7. Taking the lead from AF programme manager lead production of performance reports.
8. Representing site interests participate in AF programme networking opportunities.
9. Where specified lead development of specific AF programme activities EG Data capture techniques, use of social media, development of volunteer package.
10. Support local team in front line duties of visitor welcome when required and there is capacity.
Previous experience of developing relationships and working effectively with internal and external partners.
A track record of delivering successful customer focused activities in a recreational environment.
Your physical activity or events based experience will include marketing and /or promotion, with the management of health & safety and delivery of monitoring and evaluation activity.
Knowledge and experience of working with Sport England, National Governing Bodies, health providers and the Forestry Commission.
PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
• A wide interest and knowledge of sports activities, and experience of using sport as a tool to engage with customers.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft windows based IT systems.
• A degree, NVQ Level 4, HND or relevant post-graduate qualification in a recreational or sporting subject or significant relevant experience in this area of work.
• Understanding of the sports sector and its organisation/delivery at both National and Local levels.