Sport England’s latest Active Lives results reveal positive changes in County Durham.
The results show that the percentage of active people in County Durham has increased from 59.5% to 63.1%.
Other positive changes include:
- The amount of people who had done no activity in the last 28 days has decreased from 65.2% to 51.8%
- The percentage of females who are active has increased from 53.3% to 56.3%
- Male participation also increased from 63.6% to 65.9%
- The percentage of active people in County Durham had increased from 58% to 60.9%
- The percentage of inactive people in County Durham decreased from 28% to 24.5%
- Sports spectating (at least twice in the last year) increased from 19.6% to 23.2%
Complete your own analysis of the data at activelives.sportengland.org
Active Lives replaced the Active People Survey in 2016.