Time to Change is a growing movement of people changing how we all think and act about mental health. Funded by the Department of Health, Comic Relief and the Big Lottery Fund, the campaign is run by Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, and thousands more organisations have joined to make change happen.
The Children and Young People (CYP) team is at the heart of this work, aiming to improve the attitudes and behaviour of young people, parents and teachers about mental health.
Time to Change are seeking 8 Regional Coordinators who will carry out vital local campaigning work to grow the movement and embed anti-stigma work in their community and across the nearby region and they will also play a peer leadership role for Time to Change young champions who are young people wanting to draw on their personal experience of mental health problems to campaign for change.
This role involves:
- Organising regional activity to galvanise local support for national Time To Change initiatives
- Co-facilitate training sessions to teachers and youth professionals (These are 2 – 3 hour scripted training sessions to improve attitudes and behaviours around mental health)
- Train young leaders in schools to campaign for Time to Change
- Provide youth focused leadership and campaign support to Young Champions who will be aged 16-25
- Organise campaigning and public engagement opportunities for local Young Champions
This is a fixed term post from April 2018 to April 2019.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Tarnia Mason on 020 7840 3058 or Tanne Spielman on 020 7840 3104 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place between the 5th and 15th of February in London. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
The starting date for this post will be the beginning of April 2018. Successful candidates will be required to attend a residential Campaign Bootcamp training week as part of their role. The 2018 Bootcamps are due to take place on 20th-25th May and 15th-20th July.
The closing date for this post is Monday 15 January 2018
Find out more and apply here: https://rethink.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1118056?FromSearch=False