Active at Work County Durham
Why is it important?
Did you know that physically active people take 23.5% fewer sick days of work and 87% of people feel they are more productive when they take time out to exercise? (BHF 2013)
The work we do to encourage health and wellbeing in County Durham is important because reports show that in County Durham levels of excess weight are higher and levels of physical activity are lower than the England averages. Similarly 27.4% of adults in County Durham are currently classified as obese.
What is active workplace?
Whether you are an employer who wants to keep your workforce healthy and active, or an individual who wants to encourage activity and a social element within your workplace, then the County Durham Sport Workplace programme is here to help you achieve this.
County Durham Sport want to help businesses in Durham get active by raising awareness of the health risks surrounding sedentary workforces and providing routes to help organisations create a healthier workplace.
What are the benefits of getting involved?
- Reduced sickness and absence
- Increased employee satisfaction and increased employability
- Company profile and marketing opportunities
- Generally increasing productivity of the workforce: increased morale and motivation
We have a range of initiatives to help you and your colleagues get active including; ready-made challenges, summer sporting tournaments, bespoke packages, expert advice and a range of activity/ sport classes in your area.
- Sign up to the workplace challenge here; www.workplacechallenge.org.uk/Countydurhamsport It is FREE to sign up and allows individuals to log their physical activity, the leaderboard function then allows colleagues and friends to compete against each other to be the most active.
- Get in contact with us to register your interest in our workplace programme and find out more about how we can help your workplace get active. We will get back in touch to arrange an initial meeting with you
- Follow our social media pages- to keep up to date with the challenges, courses and classes we have going on.