County Durham Sport is passionate about developing sport, physical activity and effective partnerships
Everyone able to improve the quality of their life through involvement in sport and physical activity.
To inspire, build and connect stronger pathways for sport and physical activity in County Durham by being a proactive, respected, inclusive and quality assured partner.
Who are we?
County Durham Sport is one of 45 County Sport Partnerships nationally, funded by Sport England and other local partners. County Durham Sport was established in 1996 as the first County Sports Partnerships in the country. We were also the first to submit an Active Sport bid.
This means we are an independent team working closely with national, regional and local organisations to ensure that sport and physical activity are developed in a coordinated and effective way across the county.
We want to help County Durham to become the most active county in England.
What do we do?
County Durham Sport works with various partners to help improve and get more local people to take part in sport and physical activity.
We do this through:
- Making the case for and ensuring resources are used effectively and efficiently to increase participation in sport and physical activity
- Providing training, access to funding and sharing best practice to support the development of high quality clubs, coaches, activity leaders and volunteers
- Supporting the development of high quality facilities
- Keeping relevant information to help shape plans and activity delivery to meet local need and help inform people of the benefits of an active lifestyle
- Making sure the right partners are involved to add value to the local improvement of sport and physical activity